
Started a new chapter today.......my oldest started Kindergarten! I can't say that she nor I cried. She was way too excited and I did feel a flush of emotion but I kept it down. I think I was a little excited though as I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. She woke up at 7 a.m. and right away put on her clothes and shoes and socks. She came out of her room completely dressed with her wild morning hair saying "I'm ready to go!" I'm like well we have to eat breakfast first and wait until it's time to go. Even brother was on board and got dressed and I think he was as excited as her.
The girls got home this afternoon as she has a friend who will be staying with us in the afternoons. They were both pretty excited and talked about smelly markers and 2nd-grade boys already chasing them around on the playground. Oh boy. The challenge now I can see is going to be getting them to include brother in their "all girl" play.
No comments:
Post a Comment