Friday, December 11, 2009

Blogroll 10/11/09
















Dear Friends and Family,
I've been neglecting writing because I haven't felt like I had much to say, but the last couple of weeks have gotten super busy as the holidays approach. The Arctic Blast has hit us and the past week has been below zero with the highs in the low 10's. Several mornings this week the kids woke up to ice on the inside of their windows and Twinkle Toes hasn't gone out to recess all week, thank goodness! We have been running the humidifier in Grace's room just to keep it warm........
Last weekend Twinkle Toes and I went out on a date to see the high school's rendition of The Nutcracker. She had a blast and thought that was pretty neat. We had a fun girls' night out and had fun spending some one-on-one time together. The kids and I made a gingerbread train and they had fun doing that and mostly trying to eat the (gosh awful) candy.......that stuff seems so appealing when you're a kid and then you grow up and it just holds no appeal to me now. Grace has moved on now from Sweet Boy's Bear Bear. She has adopted two new bears that Nana gave us and she won't let them out of her sight. It's pretty darn cute and she takes them to bed, eats with them in her high chair, and pushes them around in the dump truck.
Last night we went to a Christmas party for kids with cancer and here are some pictures we got of Grace opening her present. She has the best expressions! I met a gal that I had briefly met several years back and we reconnected. Her daughter has leukemia. It got me thinking about last Christmas, going to that same party, and how different it was this year. Last year I was kind of a walking zombie and this year things are so much different. We are in a much different place. I was admiring how put together she seemed.
All my kids are now vaccinated twice against the swine flu. Now I think I'd like to get it myself. We have somehow managed to stay super healthy this fall, no doubt from all the vitamins I have been shoving down their throats. We are on the "super duper" immune system regiment and by golly, it's working. I'm sure we will be jinxed and as soon as I say all this we will come down with something.
Tomorrow we have a babysitter and the Hubby and I are taking the day to ourselves, something I'm not sure we have ever? done......shopping, lunch, movie, we are out for the day! I can't wait. It's even supposed to snow.
Lastly, here's a picture of the Hubby with his fish that he calls "too small to keep." I think he is just joshing about it. It was a native or something. He is quite the steelhead fisherman this year!
Merry! Merry! Love, The M Family





No comments: