
So Spring Break started off for us in Lakeview at Cody's baptism. Cody and his Dad are grinning because I guess we had our camera set on some setting where it takes speed shots of about 20 in a row, one after the other. We were all a little surprised. It's hard to miss the shot with that setting. bonus. Later in the week the kids and I soaked up the 65-degree weather and visited Petersen Rock Garden. It was really interesting to see all these sculptures and the many rocks Mr. Petersen collected over the years to build them! Amazing. The kids had fun chasing the peacocks. After visiting the family in Lakeview and getting that many kids together, we are now all completely sick the latter half of Spring Break. It is miserable. Despite that we had a yard sale anyways, the last two days because our neighbor was having one too. The first day it snowed half the day(our busiest day) and the next day it was sunny and 65 degrees. The kids were awesome helpers keeping watch for customers so I didn't have to sit outside all day. They really stayed on task and I was so impressed! Yard sales rock. They worked so hard they each earned $3. At the store today Twinkle Toes checked out her own item and paid for it all by herself. I got the taxes done! Congratulations to Grant & Kiley on little Gabriel Duane! I'm going to have to convince my hubby to study my primary lesson tonight so he can teach my class tomorrow because I don't think I"m going to make it to church. Oh, and we watched Hachi tonight and I loved it, but my husband didn't, don't watch it unless you are definitely willing to shed a tear, but I have never seen such fierce loyalty....if only more humans were like that....truly amazing and based on a true Japanese story from the 1920's....love has so much depth if we are willing to go there.
1 comment:
What a cool place-the castle of rocks! Your kids look like they had a blast!
Post a Comment