Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Festivities....Grace's Birthday






















So Twinkle Toes and Sweet Boy wanted to use some of their own money to buy Grace a birthday present, so they took money out of their piggy banks and used $1 of it to buy Grace a present. Mom helped out. Grace really liked her card from Aunt Lisa:

go here to see a video of her opening it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrKHtZZeHlg
and here to see her with her new babydoll. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnjMozCZalY
So I noticed later that Lisa's card looks almost just like the cake I made! My sad little cake. I'm not very good at cakes. Gosh darn I try but they always look awful. I wish we had someone to come make us wonderful cakes, but alas, we never seem to get Aunt Amy to come. This is why I usually buy cakes instead of making them. But Twinkle Toes did most of the work. I had her in the kitchen and she was a really good helper, mixing the stuff, tinting the frosting with food coloring, and helping to decorate.

No comments: