


So could my Saturday before Christmas have been any fuller? NO, I dont' think so! The day started at 9 a.m. when I took my two oldest kids to the Santa Mall. This is kind of a neat thing they do here, just for kids, to shop for either their own gifts or to give away. Every gift is $5 or less, many $2 gifts and they do FREE wrapping for all your presents. So I decided to encourage my two oldest kids to empty out their piggy banks and go buy something for someone else. My rules were you can't buy for yourself and they got to decide for themselves who they wanted to buy for. So with $5 extra each from Mom and the money in their banks, they set out armed to shop. It was a little crazy because there were a lot of people there, but the kids were really excited to buy for someone else. Twinkle Toes got something for Grace, Sweet Boy, and me. Sweet Boy bought something for Daddy and his best friend at preschool. They were SO excited to put their wrapped presents under the tree!
After Santa Mall, we went directly to a birthday party for 2 hours. After that, Twinkle Toes and I headed out with 2 other fun gals to go see "Beauty and the Beast" play at the Elgin Opera House. It was spectacular! Even better than Phantom of the Opera. Twinkle Toes loved it!
After that we drove home in the snow to barely make it to our ward's Christmas party. Whew! What a crazy day. I am ready to relax the rest of this week, clean my house, and plan NOTHING more for Christmas except maybe some sledding and a Christmas eve church service. I am ready to relax! ha
No comments:
Post a Comment