Thursday, February 3, 2011

Homeschool





So it was with a heavy but decided heart that we pulled Twinkle Toes out of school a couple of weeks ago. Due to no fault of her own, there were some circumstances at school that I wasn't real happy with, and so we decided it was the best decision for her. She was sad not to get to see her friends anymore(at school anyways) and we tried as best we could to explain to her our reasons why. She seemed to understand and took it pretty well after some tears. The next day I gave her a new set of glue, some pencils, and markers and she decided homeschool was awesome and she had the "best day of her life!" ha. Kids really are adaptable. I have to admit, I don't miss the rush rush and cajoling to try to get her out of bed and out the door in the morning. So for the past week or so we have been homeschooling. We are going to transfer her to another school and hopefully by next year make some more concrete decisions about where we want her to go to school. It's been a really hard decision and for now, I haven't decided fully on anything- whether we will homeschool, charter school, or stay at this other school. At least there are options! We made cinnamon rolls this morning and glided into morning school with no glitches. I do, however, miss a little bit the break in the day and some more quiet time around the house, but the Lord has been calling me to this for awhile and so it's time to heed the call.
We've been playing this new game that Sweet Boy got for Christmas. It's called Cadoo and I have to say, we LOVE it! Think Cranium for younger kids. It does help if you can read, so this is really a game for 6 years and up, but Caleb can play if we help him. I think we are all enjoying it and it's a good gathering tool. You get to put on "Secret Goggles" and here's a picture of Grace cracking the code(okay, not really, but she is trying). You get to do things like acting, drawing, sculpting, finding things around the house, as well as solving little word puzzles.

Grace has been making progress potty training. The other day she went 3 times in one day. I think she is getting the hang of it because she seems to go faster now. But some days she just doesn't want to sit on the potty at all and so she doesn't. It's still pretty hit or miss, but I'm going to keep trying! Getting her in panties would be awesome!

1 comment:

Steve, Amy and Company said...

Hello! We miss you guys. Thanks for the game recommendation...I was just looking for a new one for us to take on a little family vacation coming up in a week and that sounds perfect! Hope everyone is doing great!