So to start off, I had a beautiful tile sign with vinyl lettering on my front porch that read, "Be the Change You Wish to See in the World" Thank you Amy Lynne! I have gotten tons of comments over the past year and often see people stopping to admire our porch and read the sign. Okay, long story short, somebody stole it. I guess their point for me was that they are trying to be a thief I guess, and so they are just trying to be the change they wish to see in the world. Anyways, none too happy about it. And it's not the first thing that has been stolen off my porch, but I DIDN'T think anyone would stoop to stealing my sign. Frustration! My neighbor suggested I make a new sign that says, "Thou shalt not steal."
To sum up the past couple of weeks, last weekend was Sweet Boy's end-of-year carnival at his school and so we went and supported that. I am posting several pictures from that. Also, we got a rare opportunity to ride the Union Pacific Safety Train. It was pretty cool althought most of the fun was in the anticipation of it and getting on it. Once we were on it and riding Twinkle Toes just kept saying she was bored. She was not into the scenery! Finally, our Memorial weekend was low key. The weather here has been less than desirable and so we didn't do a whole lot this weekend. The kids played outside and jumped on the trampoline. I guess we shouldn't worry too much about not having all the safety netting around our tramp. Heck, Sweet Boy runs full speed ahead today and busts his lip open running into the thing. I think he inherited my accident-prone gene. We "thought" about planting our garden, but that is about as far as we went with it. The Hubby went fishing one day, we grilled out a lot, and on our last day aside from major tidying up of the yard we went morel hunting in the woods and scored a few 'shrooms. I have never had these so we'll try them out tomorrow for dinner.......they're expensive, so that means they have got to be good, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment