Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In Other News.....

So I failed to mention in my last post that Grace's latest MRI was great. Right before we left out for TN we took a quick trip to Portland OHSU/Doernbecher. Her oncologist said he isn't really worried anymore about the tumor coming back and he only wants to do one more test and it doesn't have to be an MRI. We can do an ultrasound next so we won't have to sedate her again. It figures this last round she is like a complete pro at the whole process. She didn't even whimper when they stuck her IV in and they got it in the FIRST TRY. Apparently her veins have grown and she is way easier to stick now. Oh well, what a relief! Her kidney doc says everything is looking peachy too. We couldn't be happier that Grace is doing so well. The kids all had fun staying at the Ronald McDonald house and Daddy and the kids got a free trip to the Portland Zoo while Grace and I went to all of her appointments.





So I'm just going to say this. We're pregnant. I know. I know. I know! A complete surprise. We weren't expecting it. We weren't even trying, but here we are. So yes, I am a little nervous, a little unprepared, but there's not much else to say about that. We were sitting on the fence about whether or not we wanted to have another baby. Well, I guess it's time to get off the fence now. I'm still a little bit in denial. I think I am about 3 months along but that is a wild guess. I'm not even sure when this little one is due. I'm guessing December. So there you have it. It's out. I think I can breath now. Sorry to just blog it, but I don't feel like making a big deal about it yet. I'm still trying to get a grip on it myself.





I guess starting a new job and moving just wasn't enough CHANGE for the Morrisons. We had to throw another stressor in there to completely mix it up. I must be insane! ha ha





My new motto is from my good friend Amy Stancliff.......Four and No More :)

6 comments:

THE YOUNG-INS said...

Congrats...I understand the, "Really, we're pregnant?" thought. I hope everything goes smooth for you.

Peggy Glasmann said...

Don't you just love how the Lord does the deciding for you sometimes. Hey, at least you have a job. You will be living in a beautiful place. Four is a great number. I liked it!!

The M Family said...

THanks for the moral support! I need IT! XOXOX

Anonymous said...

wonderful news, all the way around! Congrats to Grace, congrats to you and your family!

The Shepro's said...

Yeah...that is awesome! I'm glad the Lord suprised you and not me because you are an amazing Mom and well I am barely makin it! you and Hubert are super hero's. Congrats!!!!!

Tiffiny said...

Congratulations! That's how we were about our 4th. They like to surprise us when we least expect it. I hope you are doing well and great news about Grace!