Monday, November 1, 2010

A New Chapter


the kids in the morning, notice the dazed look on Twinke Toe's face, school starts for us at 8!

Grace at her final ultrasound



nearly every street in La Grande looks like this right now



So breakfast around our house is chaos and most days we eat the dreaded.... cereal. It's fast, it's easy, and yes, it's expensive. Well, I've been wanting something more and hopefully filling for Twinkle Toes to get her through her morning at school. We've made homemade granola quite a few times and now I decided to make a hearty (but healthy) muffin. I sort of combined two recipes but some of the ingredients we used were: whole wheat flour, a little white flour, wheat germ, maple syrup, oatmeal, vanilla, buttermilk, eggs, banana, huckleberries.

I'm in Week 7 of P90X! I can't believe I have lasted this long. It's actually not too bad. The hardest part is being diligent and finding the time to keep up with working out 6 times a week. Yoga for 1.5 hours is the most ridiculous one for me. I just don't seem to have that kind of time. I have never in my life worked out this consistently. Always in the past I have been happy with 3 times a week. Well, I think it's working. We'll see. I still have a ways to go, but by week 12 Tony says I'll be in the best shape of my life...ha! Is there a guarantee on that?

I love Sweet Boy's preschool. I have been so happy with it. First off we started at the Montessori school but it wasn't quite working out so we switched to Heidi Ho. It's a Christian-based school so everyday they read/learn stories from the Bible, which I love! And they have a huge emphasis on phonics and reading. So I feel like he is getting the best of everything and he has the sweetest teacher.

So it's strange the things that have come into our life, but we have the best neighbors. I'm still not quite sure how we managed such an ideal situation. A retired couple lives next to us and they just happen to be our landlords too, and for some odd reason, they love us! They seem to be too good to be true. Anne comes over anytime we need her to and watches the kids. She says she loves being in our house and has nothing better to do. Really? I'm sure I'm living in the Twilight Zone, but this is great! I had to go to Hermiston on Thursday for a dentist appointment and I was telling her that I might stop in Pendleton to tour the wool factory there, and she volunteered to go and help with the kids. She just wants to come along! I've never really had this but it's awesome.....most nights the phone rings and I pick it up and it's Anne. I just look out my window and wave to her and carry on our conversation. How funny is that?

Well, we're finally ending the chapter of Grace, I think, and her continuous evalutions for her tumor. This week we had a final ultrasound (instead of an MRI) at our local hospital to evaluate for her tumor. They were going to send the images up to Portland and save us a trip and save Grace being sedated once more. Whoo Hoo! It was fairly painless and sweet Boy went with us and just sat in the chair and was so good. We haven't gotten the final word but the radiologist on call said everything looked good to him.










1 comment:

j and k said...

Yeah! I'm so glad things are looking good for Grace! Your kids are so adorable and I am so happy you're enjoying your place. I love the streets that line Pendleton!