Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Small Town Girl

So somebody made it in the newspaper this week! My neighbor Anne came over with the paper and I told her, oh we already get the paper. She asked me if I had seen it and I hadn't even opened it yet and she goes, well, you're going to want more than one! Then she showed it to me. And another friend came over and gave us his paper too. Her school had a special show/singing for Veteran's Day. Apparently she was more interested in the guy in the "Army suit" than actually singing to him.

So I have to tell this story which happened a few months back about living in a small town. I was downtown coming back from an appointment. I was stopped at a stop sign and I had my windows down because it was a really warm day and I sneezed REALLY loud. My husband can attest that I am a loud sneezer. So I kid you not, the car coming towards me through the intersection had his window down and as he passed me he yelled out, "God bless you." I tried to get a thank you out in time and I couldn't help but smile as I thought to myself, "yes, we live in a small town." My vote is in for the friendliest town in America.

No comments: