Friday night we took the kids to the fair. They had a blast! Twinkle Toes entered 3 things in the fair and got 3 blue ribbons! She was beyond excited. She did an oil pastel drawing and entered 2 weaving projects she had done. Sweet Boy was a little disappointed because he didn't really have anything to enter, so I was proud when Twinkle Toes offered to give him half of her ribbons and money. Mommy entered some of her blueberry jam and took home a blue ribbon too, so I told Sweet Boy he could have my money and ribbon. Twinkle Toes has no fear. She wanted to ride the ferris wheel all by herself so I said, "Go for it." I convinced some unsuspecting boy in line who was also riding alone to ride along with her. (I think she talked his ear off, he looked a little miserable.) The surprising part of it all was Grace was the one who didn't want to leave the fair. She had the best time of all riding the rides and so the night ended with a huge tantrum on her part.
Saturday we got up early and I took the kids to our ward gardens and we picked green beans before the heat of the day. The kids are super good helpers in the garden and enjoy going out and picking. They even cut ends and snapped em for me. I have been pretty sure for the last few years that I don't like green beans. But since the ward planted them and they are free for the picking, I decided we mine as well put some up this year. So I channeled my Granny and tried to remember how she used to cook them, and lo and behold, I DO LIKE green beans, cooked the way Granny does them. Later that a.m. though we ended up stopping by a yard sale and against all my normal inclinations, we bought a gerbil. So I ended up negotiating away their fair winnings to help pay for the gerbil. Twinkle Toes has been researching guinea pigs and gerbils for a good year now. She has been begging for a pet at least that long. So for now, we'll try out this gerbil thing. You can't beat a yard sale, right? Then, later today I canned a batch of pickles and we took the kids to the water park in Pendleton, which was a total blast. Whew, but I'm tired.
2 comments:
Jodie I wish we were neighbors, you are always doing such fun things! I would invite myself to come along! Hope you are feeling good, when are you due? Can't remember. Guess I have a bit going on in life as well..;
:>)
Yes Marnae, we would make good neighbors! You guys should move to La Grande! October......it feels like forever and a day. I feel big already so I'm a little nervous, I have a ways to go. I'm sure it will go faster than I think. I'm going to have the baby in Boise btw! JOdie
Post a Comment