Wednesday, December 7, 2011

(Not) Falling off the Planet

inside Bass Pro Shop


the wildlife carousel



inside Opryland hotel


Opryland hotel



conservatory in Opryland hotel



inside the Opryland hotel



me soaked to the bone, it was raining and cold!


Hawks' stone



Elizabeth M. and Abrillia stone



stone of John Henry Eaves, brother to my Thomas K.


Uncle Keath in old Eaves cemetery, Latham/Dresden TN



old Eaves cemetery, out in a cow field, small stand of trees



Jamison and Jada and Aunt Lisa with Lydia



Aunt Lisa with Twinkle Toes and Grace Ann


Nana with Twinkle Toes and Grace Ann



It really has been awhile, 2 months to be exact, since my last post. I figure I better throw something up here before I lose all my (many) readers, ha. Life has been crazy busy with addition #4. I ended up quitting my home business as a medical transcriptionist due to not having time for it anymore. I do miss it I admit. I really did enjoy my job. At 2 months though, things are starting to get a little easier with Lydia. As I am writing this, "the lids" or "Lyddie" as we call her, slept 8 hours last night, but it was all the wrong hours. She went to sleep at 5 p.m. So we gotta work on that. She is the sweetest baby ever. She hardly cries (hopefully I won't curse myself). She really is a sweet little jewel in our family. She makes me want another one! yikes. And she is growing amazingly fast for my babies. We joke that she is not ours. THere must have been a switch at the hospital. For one, she has hair. For two, her hair is brown. For 3, she actually eats like a normal baby. Again, this can't be ours but we'll take her :) Where is that postman?



We went to Tennessee for Thanksgiving and had a great time visiting Nana and the family and some old friends and neighbors and also doing genealogy, meeting some new relatives, and hunting down cemeteries with my uncle. I am going to post some pictures for my internet friend Roni on that little adventure. We had 3 Thanksgiving dinners which were all amazingly fantastic and just the way I remember. I hope they can last me another 10 years of Thanksgivings. Yum-O! We managed to not get sick before, during, or after our trip (again I hope I am not cursing myself) and little Lydia was a great traveler. Neither of my other kids could have made that trip as babies and done well, but Lydia just goes with the flow. We have been amazingly healthy so far this winter and (gulp) is it really half over? We have hardly had any snow yet where we live in Oregon yet and I for one am loving it. But let's hope for a white Christmas. Tennessee had amazingly varied weather. We got 70-degree weather, rain, and snow during the time we were there. On our final leg of the trip, we visited the Opryland Hotel before departing the Nashville airport. I'll post some pics of that too. The kids thought it was amazing and oh, I got my fill of eating at Cracker Barrel too. (the kids fell in love with the store and had fun spending some of their money on the things in there).

No comments: