Saturday, June 6, 2009

Model Train Enthusiasts











































































































Today was another Candlelighters(kids with cancer) event and the kids had a ball! They have the best events. Lana and Celeste came and stayed Friday night so Kaylee got to go with us. The people in this model train club have built life-size model trains that really run and tracks for them to go on. A couple of the engines ran on gasoline and one of them was a steam engine. They are modeled after real-life trains. They also have a huge room of miniature model trains and a conductor who runs about 5 of them at a time. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this. I'm not sure I even knew this existed. Apparently, these clubs exist all over and we heard about one that is in the Guiness Book of World Records. Apparently, you can ride their trains for 3.5 hours and never go over the same tracks. It's pretty impressive.













2 comments:

Kate the Great said...

The next time you head back out this way.... Adair Village has a great Model Train place, and in there is a man in Lebanon who has a huge ride on train called the "Tennessee Lightning" something like that. They're great.. my kids have been to both and LOVE them.

Michelle said...

Where is this place, Jodie? Nice pics