
So we went camping on the Metolius River this weekend.....it was just a wee bit chilly. Daddy got to do his favorite thing - fly fishing - even if it was with Grace strapped to his back. Mommy got her first lesson in fly fishing. Daddy was in heaven as Mommy thinks she might could get into it. Something about the sound of the rushing rippling river and the methodic cast of the rod was quite relaxing. I told the Hubby I would need some darn good waders though before I could brave the cold of that river! I even got a taste of it with a bite on my fly. Some North Carolina boys were camped next to us and the Hubby had fun sharing all his fly recommends and fishing holes with them. They were so polite and sweet and said "yes ma'am" and thanked us profusely and I was reminded of the charm of good ol' Southern boys. You can't beat 'em. They were from the University of the South(that's in TN by the way, Sewanee). They were on a tour of all the great rivers in the West and were on their way to Missoula next. It was fun and we'll probably go again soon although hope for a warmer weekend next time.
So Grace's
echocardiogram results came back and I was a little disappointed that we didn't get the perfect news that we have been getting. Her echo was normal except for she has "hyperdynamic left ventricular systolic function" which is most certainly a result of her high blood pressures that she had. I'm not certain though the prognosis or what this means for Grace or how bad of a diagnosis this is. All they said was it wasn't "urgent" and that's all I really know right now. I guess I'm hoping right now that maybe this is something that will resolve with time and go away.
3 comments:
Everyone looks so good ... and happy! I am so excited that you all got a little break and went camping... love you and miss you...can't wait until July 4th :)
The trip looked like a blast! You guys are such a joyful, positive family. Gracie will be in our prayers and we'll think good thoughts going her way!
I have to say, that photo of Hubert fishing with his baby strapped to his back is ... 100% priceless. Made me grin! :D Looks like a wonderful family outing; and the gorgeous outdoor scenery of the Central Oregon mountains makes me SOOO homesick all the sudden. I grew up in Sisters/Redmond/Powell Butte, and have so many fond memories of that area!! You guys should get your bikes out and go biking in the sun river area, and see the High Desert Museum - if you haven't already!
Post a Comment