Thursday, July 9, 2009

Redemption

So I started this new thing with my kids. It's called the "fatten em up diet". No, I'm not planning on eating them for Thanksgiving. I'm just getting a little worried that my 9 month old is soon to surpass my 3.5 year old in weight. My two oldest are like bean poles, but worse. Caleb doesn't even have a bottom. He runs around constantly with his hand holding his pants up. I know. I do know how to sew. I should get on this. Anyways, so of course I googled it and there is always advice from people on skinny kids and what to feed them. If we could all be so lucky! Some of the suggestions are shakes with: whipping cream, peanut butter, and ice cream. Could we all be so lucky? I"m sure the only one who will gain weight off this diet is Me! So I made Hoot-N-Annie for my kids this a.m. (that's a puffed oven pancake for anyone not in the M Family) with heavy whipping cream. Then, yesterday I made them scrambled eggs with cream and butter. But Grace is my Redemption. Cause she has the fattest hunk of legs I have ever seen! None of my other kids even had fat rolls...ever! Twinkle Toes just wasn't an eater, and Sweet Boy had the reflux. So feeding Grace is quite the different story. She likes to eat, what more can I say!

I am a bit of a hypochondriac I've decided. The other morning I woke up convinced I had meningitis. I don't know much about it. Nevermind I didn't have a headache. But it seems I had heard something about a rash. So when I woke up with the most unusual, roundish, purplish rash on my arm, I was convinced I had it. It was over. Anyways, it took me all of a whole day to finally remember what it was. It was a hicky from Grace where she had been sucking on my arm.

Okay, so then I convinced myself Twinkle Toes had leukemia. Please no offense to anyone who does. I just think I have spent way too much time at Doernbecher's Hospital this year and read too much about it. So when she had flu-like symptoms for the last 2 weeks that just weren't going away, I convinced myself she had it. Okay, she is doing better so I think we may be out of the woods. We're really not due for another catastrophe I don't think.....

So, my point is for "fret" that you are not the only one! Sometimes I guess I fret too, in ridiculous ways!

I just think I am chronically tired. No Mom, I am not anemic. Grace just isn't quite the sleeper that my other two were. My "strategy" right now, if you can call it one, is that I surround her in her crib with like 5 pacifiers. It's my hope that when she wakes up in the night wanting for me, she will make do with a green, silicone imitation and nod herself back off to sleep. It works most of the time......... She is getting her first two teeth right now, which btw, is about 4 months earlier than my other two ever got theirs. Usually my kids are at least a year old before we even start to think about teeth. Happy Sleeping!

4 comments:

j and k said...

You crack me up! The things we worry about! I wish I had the need to eat problem. It would be so lovely. My son has the same problem and I had to start buying Ensure drinks for him. Happy eating to your kids. You do it in style!

Zach 'n' Jack said...

my kids are super skinny too, I totally know how you feel! Our doc has us just give them carnation instant breakfast made w/whole milk before bed every night. Just a couple hundred extra calories - they love it!! :-) Creamy chocolate milk before bed? Who wouldn't like that? Not that it makes that much of a difference, my 5 year old is only 34lbs! But it's yummy for him!

The M Family said...

okay, you girls are making me feel better. My 5 year old is 34 pounds too!

emily a. said...

Your kids are so cute. My friend just told me a great idea for the binki issue. Her mother in law put on of those old fashioned cup holders on the crib and stuffed it with binki's. That way when her kids woke up they knew right where to get another one. It worked for her. Good luck. Not sleeping is the worse!