Sunday, October 4, 2009







Dear Friends and Family,
The weeks are flying by way too fast now that Twinkle Toes is in school. The four-day school week doesn't help things.....four SUPER busy days of school, soccer, gymnastics, and then Friday-sweet release! TT is loving school! She is so excited to go every week and is having such a great expereince with her teacher and classmates so we feel very grateful. After a week and a half TT was ready for me to drop her off at the door of school. I think she could have walked herself in the second day but I don't think I would have been ready. So I was telling her what to do and where to go, getting ready to drop her off and Sweet Boy interjects, "And don't let no strangars git ya Sissy!" He's so cute. Always concerned about others. He is my boy who is always eager to say his prayers and be a helper.
The pictures are of Sweet Boy and his "girlfriend" (that's what we call her). Aren't they adorable? They really like playing together and she is his buddy at chuch, in the same class, etc. One day they were watching a movie on the couch and Sweet Boy puts his arm around her. THings like that surprise the dickens out of me! I can tell he is all boy because sometimes when our new friend comes in the afternoons he will say things that are such "boy" things to say, like he is trying to show off for her. It is hilarious.
Grace is doing great. The pictures are of her being super naughty. She was standing up on the changing table grinning at me because she knew she wasn't supposed to be doing it. I was in the bathroom telling her to stop doing that and she just laughed at me.
I was thinking the other day about the amazing difference between this Fall and last Fall. Last year I'm not sure I even noticed the change of seasons, everything was such a blur. I do, however, remember spending Halloween night with my two sweet older children, but most of the fall was spent in worry and tears being torn between home and Portland. This year I am excited to enjoy all this season brings. We have gone from Indian Summer in the 90's to a foreboding sign of snow in typical Central Oregon fashion. I am trying not to turn on the heat yet, but that is proving to be a challenge. Grace is spoiled now and every night wakes up crying for me, so I spend half the night in my own bed and half the night in her room sleeping by her warm little body with her legs pushed up against me and one arm to reassure I haven't snuck away.
Upcoming wonderful events are my oral surgery at the end of this week for wisdom teeth removal, should be fun? And Grace's next MRI in 2 weeks.....hoping it might be the last....
This weekend was spent in sweet relaxation listening to a modern day Prophet and Apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ. It has been a good weekend!
Hubert, Jodie, Twinkle Toes, Sweet Boy, and Grace



1 comment:

j and k said...

I love how you describe things! It's so fun to get a visual of your comings and goings on your blog. You have such a sweet family! I'm so glad the kids are doing well and I hope this fall season is a much better one! Last year was tough, I know. Good lucky with your wisdom teeth and with Grace's MRI!