I'm going to "try" and write a quick a note to sum up the past week because I am tired. Hubby got a deer and this is him and my girlfriend, I call her "Pioneer Woman" because she is showing him the proper way to cut up a deer. And yes, this is our kitchen table. I admire her willingness to just grab that deer leg and go at it, but I was nowhere near them when they were doing this.....
Twinkle Toes had her fun run. She ran a mile and a half. Pretty good for such a skinny bean pole. Soccer is increasing her stamina I think. This past Saturday she made her FIRST GOAL! I about died and nearly cried it was so exciting. You would have to know a little about Twinkle Toes' soccer skills, let's just say we get excited if she even gets her feet on the ball during a game. So I of course couldn't believe my eyes when the ball rolled straight to her and she actually turned and went straight for the goal with it. It was priceless and such a confidence builder for her.
My oral surgery went great. Much better than even I expected. It was fast and quick and I didn't feel a thing. An hour after I went in for the surgery we were back out again. I asked the Hubby if he would take me to Target on the way home so with gauze and blood in my mouth, yes, I went shopping. I'm not that vain so I really didn't care that I looked hideous. It was a rare opportunity without the kids so I got some early Christmas shopping in. I even went out to dinner with my girlfriends on Friday night. I, of course, ordered Tortilla Soup minus the Tortillas and minus the chicken so it was just broth. The waiter didn't even charge me for it which I thought was very nice of him. I got home just in time for my doctor to call and check up on me. Isn't that sweet? I think we should just go back to the good ol' days when doctors made house calls. He seems to take a keen interest in his patients which I was very impressed with. I told him he did a great job because I was feeling fine.
After taking a nap on Saturday in our room, Caleb came out with something in his mouth. When questioned he said it was "nothing." Upon further questioning he said that in fact it was a cough drop that had been stuck to the wall and "it just happened to fall into my mouth, that was all." What a kid. We both had to run away to keep from laughing to his face.
Good Night! Love, Hubert, Jodie, Twinkle Toes, Sweet Boy, and Grace
3 comments:
Glad Hubert got the buck---we fed it all year long on apples, grass, garden goodies. Altho do miss watching them in the evenings. Diane and Bob
Hey! I miss you! And who knew about Somerli?? Impressive. Steve is having hunting envy...hasn't been able to go yet. Hope you all are doing well!
I need more info. Cutting up the dear is the end of the story. I need the beginning and middle.
Post a Comment