Saturday, April 26, 2008

Family Home Evening


I am always trying to think of "what are we going to do for family home evening?" It's usually a quick and easy spur-of-the-moment idea, but it always comes together. So I thought I would share an FHE that we did in hopes that maybe other people will share too, and then I can get some good ideas.


So one night we had a lesson from the March "Friend" entitled, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." It had a diorama craft that you can do with a boy and a girl set up in front of the Savior.


We've been trying to teach Mackenzie this song. It's kind of a hard one but I really like the words. The first few lines read,


"If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously,If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?"


We finished up by making cinnamon-sugar popcorn with our Whirley Pop which is this little contraption for making popcorn on the stove. It has a handle that you can turn that spins the popcorn around on the inside. We got this as a wedding gift, and I'll admit when we first got it I thought it was kind of an odd gift. But the kids absolutely love it and we've used it a lot and it is kind of one of those "fun" things that we would have never bought for ourselves but we are glad we have it.

No comments: