Well, we made it over the pass in the snow, "over the river and through the woods" as Twinkle Toes likes to say. Grace had a little bit of a reaction with the sedation for her MRI. It's always hard to get a vein on her for the IV so they ended up clamping a gas mask over her face and she went to sleep screaming her head off. Usually she has done really well with the IV sedation, but this time I think because of the gas, it took her close to 2 hours to come out of the sedation and then when she did finally wake up she screamed for quite a while. It took me forever to get her calmed down. But thank goodness she is back to being her happy contented little self. So the MRI went very well. They didn't see anything of concern. Everything looked good and there were no areas that they were unsure about or that they thought might be tumor. So we of course are SO happy! A huge weight was lifted today. We're past the first scan. Her creatinine levels were even lower this time indicating her one kidney is functioning better every day. Our oncologist wants another scan in 3 months but then after that he said we might could wait a little longer before the next one.
Ronald McDonald was on fire, not literally, our room was just smoking hot so between getting up all night with Grace trying to get her pumped up on fluids before her cut off point and getting up to open the windows all night long, I only managed to get about 3 hours of sleep last night. So needless to say, I'm in my pajamas and looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight! I think Grace is happy to be home too. She has been shrieking with joy at all of her toys. Goodnight......
Monday, March 23, 2009
Good Report
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
YEAH!!!!!!! Congrats! That is fantastic news...all except the smoking hot room and total lack of sleep. We are thrilled that her first MRI came back clear!
Hip hip horray!! We are THRILLED!
GOOD NEWS!!!! We are so happy for you! What a little miracle baby!
CONGRATS!!!! It's amazing she's the same age as our baby boy, and we both had extra fluid & complications - but you guys have been thru so much since then. I know God is trying and blessing you. You are incredible people. I know your incredible, beautiful faith, Jodie. You breathe the joy of the Gospel of Christ, and are an inspiring example for me. You have such a beautiful family, and what a great mommy you are! I am impressed with your 'mommy intuition' too, in going to more simple, less destructive or invasive methods. My family has been learning more about the amazing probiotic options, and even just all that I've learned about our healing bodies, giving natural birth, and the foods we eat over this last year has made a big change in my perspective in being a mom and God's simple, beautiful design of life for us. I love it. I also just started a garden on our porch! Sure wish we could give you all hugs, but we send our love from Texas. Hug that baby for us! :D
Post a Comment