Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer Fun

 The kids set up shop on Saturday to sell some raspberries.  We did a unit study this winter about being an entrepreneur, making a profit, costs, etc to starting a business.  I promised the kids that they could sell some of our raspberries and we made this little stand. 
My newest garage sale find, an antique Jenny Lind bed frame.  Okay, the hubby was NOT impressed with this but I for one think it will make an awesome girl's bed.  What do you think?  I think I'm going to paint it.  Mom, any suggestions on how to do this since you are the guru refinisher?
Caleb went to the Challenger British soccer camp here a few weeks ago in La Grande.  These terribly cute chaps came all the way from England to teach soccer camp.  It's a program they are doing all over the U.S.  We debated not doing it since it was a wee bit expensive but I am so glad we did!  These guys were awesome and Caleb learned so much.  He loved every day of it. 

 The bees are making honey!  Lots of it.  Hubert has only gotten stung once so far (on his nose).  It was a SUPER HOT day and I think the bees were a little too active.  So far they are the perfect pet.  The kids absolutely love them and they pretty much take care of themselves.  Stay tuned for more to come on our newest latest "pet project"..........
Made these on Fourth of July, they were super fun to make and yummy.  We had a great time with some friends at their barbeque.  I haven't played badminton in years.  Boy, it's a workout!  It's nice to have some friends in La Grande to do stuff with and that want to hang out with us.
Picture from Amy Ruth's wedding......love it.  I will post some more of the kids.  Packing up this week.  We have one more trip for the summer.  I'll post more on it later.  

The kids have been saving their pennies in the bank Nana gave us.  So far we have managed to save $80.  We decided we are going to take the kids to the Pendleton water park, then the movies, and the rest we will spend on rides at the fair since they loved it so much last year.  That should round out our summer.

No comments: