Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Our BP Machine





So our home health nurse brought us our *NEW* home blood pressure machine yesterday, courtesy of a nice grant from OHSU. How exciting! It works like a gem although it can be a little more sensitive if she moves much and then it doesn't get a reading and the cuff keeps inflating over and over. So I might have to take it mostly when she is asleep so she doesn't fight the cuff, which when she does fight against the cuff it makes the reading a lot less accurate. I took her blood pressure twice yesterday evening when she was asleep and she was 96/58 and 86/58 which is pretty good for Ms. Grace and just about where a normal baby should be. Although I did take Twinkles Toe's blood pressure just for fun (as we have cuffs for the whole family) and hers was just slightly lower than Grace's. I guess we'll know when Grace is cured when hers and Twinkle Toe's blood pressures start to look the same....

Grace is pretty much sleeping through the night now. She woke up at 5 a.m. this morning and we are letting her sleep now with the go ahead from the doctor. Grace is doing so well! She is such a happy content little girl. She still hardly ever cries. Let's hope it stays that way with two whiney older siblings. Her first MRI post surgery will be in March.

2 comments:

alisha said...

What wonder news! I am always amazed at her progress and your patience. A.

Zach 'n' Jack said...

awesome!!!!!!!!!! She is such a gorgeous gal, and I'm so glad she is sleeping so well! Glad things have worked out so wonderfully - what a blessing.