
They had a sign up at the hospital to come and learn how to make these pumpkin hats. My Mom told me I HAD to go and make Gracie one, so here you go Mom. I went and made our little pumpkin one. Happy Halloween!
This week was a little crazy. Grace has a million tubes hooked up to her for all of her medicines. She lost her arterial line which gives us a constant reading on her blood pressure. So now they are just doing cuffs hourly which is not as accurate. The other day her blood pressure went as high as 140/90 which is higher than my own blood pressure. I started looking at her tubes and found a LEAK in the line so she wasn't getting all of her blood pressure medication, which explained the high blood pressures. Thank goodness for Mommy. Then the nurses started looking a little more closely at the lines and they found a crack in the tubing of her PIC line into her head. Terrible. So they tried for 2 hours to run another PIC line into the other side of her head with no success. So then one of the doctors came in and had to cut her arm and put a PIC line in her elbow. All this poking on her makes my heart hurt. So a PIC line is where they run a tube into your skin that goes basically to your heart. They have to do an x-ray just to make sure they don't go too far. So THEN after all this they sedated her again and tried to take the PIC line out of her head and run a new line in - no success.
Oh well, she got her 2nd round of chemotherapy on Tuesday despite all this monkeying around with her lines and all went well. She seems to be tolerating it okay.
The doctor's report today was that Grace was having a good day. Her abdomen has gone down 2 cm in the last 2 days. We're not sure if that is just recovery from surgery. I like to think it is the tumor shrinking but who knows. The doctor did say that Grace has gained a lot of weight since she has been in the hospital and they have not had to increase her blood pressure medication for her weight gains. She thinks that is a good sign. I don't really know.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
For Nana - our little pumpkin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hi! I hope you remember me. I'm Mike's sister. I met you guys on the 4th of July. Michelle told me what happened and sent me your blog. What a beautiful baby you have. My prayers are with you and I also put your names in the temple here in Logan, Utah. So even though we are miles away, our thoughts are with you. You are a great Mom!!!
Hello Jodie! I was at institute when you found the Gospel and as you courted Hubert - I don't know if you remember me. I stumbled onto your blog the other day and have been monitoring it ever since with all you're all going through. We just had our second child - a boy - on the 9th of September, and had our own heartbreaks, disappointments and complications in recovery (including complications with his circumcision and a visit to the ER). This was also my second c-section. It has been a very challenging time for me emotionally and physically. After reading your blog, it is enough of a taste to feel some of the incredible pangs you are going through, but enough to be greatful for the now seemingly small struggles we experienced! My heart breaks for everything you & Gracie are fighting thru. Sometimes emotions are so heavy you don't even want to talk about it. But I've learned healing simply - takes time, and its amazing what the body can do. I am so impressed with your powerful trust in the Lord - if there's one thing I really came away with it's not to put your trust in the arm of flesh - the arm of the Lord is where truth and strength really are. Rely on his guidence. I want you to know my heart and prayers are there with you, when you feel you don't have the strength yourself. You have a very special daughter, love her smile! And her pumpkin hat is uber-adorable lol! Huge hugs from us. we luv you guys! God bless always. PS - Love your blog photos - you guys are such a beautiful family!!!
Oh, our blog is at tuckerohana.blogspot.com. Still trying to catch up on it...lol. ;)
Good News all around!! I'm so glad to hear that she's having a good day. And what a GREAT hat!! You are just so crafty :)
Mandy
She is sooo cute. And look at you Miss Crafty! I am so glad to hear she is having a good day, and so glad to hear more of a outline of what's expected. Hope to see you soon. Remember you can call me at any time. Thank you so much for your posts. I know I check it multiple times throught the day to see if there are any changes. See you soon. Give us a call when you come home.
How we love you guys. I have updated the Bishop and we are praying for you two. Grace is the perfect name for her. The meaning fits. She is so pretty, she smiles like an angel. Hang in there.
great hat, for such cute little pumpkin! Now she's ready for Halloween!
Jodie and family, many blessings to you during this difficult time. You are in thoughts and prayers. May G-d bless Gracie, you, Hubert, and the kiddos. Much love, Anna and Sami in Columbia, MD.
Post a Comment