Sunday, October 19, 2008

Week 2 Chemotherapy

So my Mom has gone back to TN now. We sure enjoyed having her around and having the extra help. We are so thankful that she was able to come for awhile.

I thought I would keep everyone updated on my schedule, so all of my angel friends who are so graciously watching my other two buggers can plan their week. I'm going to come home Tuesday afternoon so I should be able to watch the kids Wed-Friday of this week. I will probably be back and forth from Portland to home a lot trying to be both places and I don't want to overuse my friends too much because I don't want to scare you guys off because I think I'm really going to need you, but the oncologist said that typically the chemotherapy could take anywhere from 6-8 weeks in actuality. So I have had to adjust my mental time line about this whole thing. So let's see, maybe by the time Grace is 3 months old, maybe just maybe we'll get to bring her home. Anyways, it is impossible for me to stay in Portland that long so I am just going to be back and forth trying to be in both places for a little bit at a time and hopefully I can use my friends but not every week so that way it's not too much for any one person.....that's my hope.

Thank you so much to all those who have reached out to us - dinners, groceries, counseling sessions, emails, blog comments, little angels who have kept gas in our car, friends who brought lunch when I needed to eat but wasn't, friends who just show up and brighten my day, letters, rides to school, and family who has been there taking our kids and showing support. Thank you to my friend Shonda who is coming to the hospital today to take some pictures of Gracie. I told her not to expect too much - this isn't Grace's finest photography moment but we are glad to get some nice pictures, as you can tell mine aren't the greatest.....Thank you to all my friends and family. We couldn't feel more loved.

5 comments:

Heather Messinger said...

It's not going to be to much for any of us. We are all here for the long haul. You CAN NOT over use us. Just make sure you DO use us. That is what we are here for.

alisha said...

You deserve to feel loved. Use us and abuse us. It's nice to be able to serve even in our limited ways. Your kids are great! We all had so much fun together. Although I'll have to admit Caleb was very patient with the twins and all their "mother-hening" and girl stuff! :o) Call anytime, r.e.a.l.l.y! Glad to hear Grace is doing okay. I hope you are also. Hopefully the rollercoaster with slow down a little and let you breath. A.

Diana said...

Love you J!

Moved said...

Yes, Please use us all you need and more, believe it or not but it really helps us out. My kids love and need the company, and it gives me a break because my kids have playmates. Besides it's one of the ways we can help you, because we want and need to help you guys any way we can! Mackenzie and Caleb are soooo good & sweet! Thoughts & Prayers, Somerli

Brian and Marnae Powell Family said...

I agree with Somerli and Heather! We are so more than happy to hlep, I feel like you are family to me. I feel that way about all of us in our ward and that is why I love it so much. I am sure that we would all recieve such care if we ever needed it. I think I am in love with Kaleb, he is the sweetest little man! And Mackenzie just thinks my boys are so funny so they think that it is a blast to have your kids over as well (kaleb also finds them very funny and I am sorry if he picks up goofyness from them in any way!). Love, Marnae