Thursday, October 9, 2008

In Surgery

It's 3:30 here and Grace was taken back to surgery at about 3:15. We just found out this morning that she was going to be added on to the surgery schedule. Ben Wetzel and a fellow medical student of his as well as one of our doctors on the NICU, Doug, who is also LDS came and laid their hands on Grace's tiny little head and gave her a sweet blessing. I am feeling good about the surgery. We hope that the the tumor can be taken care of and this ordeal will soon be over. Hubert is on his way back to Portland now and should be here any minute now. I am glad to not have to face this alone. My Mom is at our house with the kids so I am glad too that they don't have to be here. It's better for them to be at home than here at the hospital.

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God, to claim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon the children of men?
For he hath answered the ends of the law, and he claimeth all those who have faith in him; and they who have faith in him will cleave unto every good thing; wherefore he advocateth the cause of the children of men; and he dwelleth eternally in the heavens.
And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men.
For behold, they are subject unto him, to minister according to the word of his command, showing themselves unto them of strong faith and a firm mind in every form of godliness.
And the office of their ministry is to call men unto repentance, and to fulfil and to do the work of the covenants of the Father, which he hath made unto the children of men, to prepare the way among the children of men, by declaring the word of Christ unto the chosen vessels of the Lord, that they may bear testimony of him.
And by so doing, the Lord God prepareth the way that the residue of men may have faith in Christ, that the Holy Ghost may have place in their hearts, according to the power thereof;and after this manner bringeth to pass the Father, the covenants which he hath made unto the children of men.
And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me." Book of Mormon

We have faith that all will be well with Grace. I'm keeping it together for her. She is such a sweet little angel. She hasn't eaten since 9:30 this morning and you wouldn't even know it. This kid hardly ever cries. She is so sweet.

3 comments:

Zach 'n' Jack said...

our prayers are with you!

Steve, Amy and Company said...

We are praying for Gracie and her doctors! We hope to hear some good news soon. Hang in there.

Shonda said...

Oh, I wish I could hug you. Wish I could meet her. She's so pretty! You are all in our prayers. I think about you guys a lot, and keep wondering if there is anything I can do for you. Please let me know.