Friday, September 26, 2008

Bed Bugs

Not in Gracie's Bed!

An interesting story.....the first day we got here we came into the main entrance of the hospital where all the admissions offices are and so forth. The second day we came in the same way and Hubert noticed that there was a WALL there where there hadn't been the day before. It was taped off and all these workers were inside the plastic area drywalling this whole new area. Hubert thought it was strange. I was so drugged up on Percocet mind that all of this escaped me; I didn't notice a thing. Anyways, so a week later we are reading in the newspaper that they were storing a patient's belongings in this area and some hospital staff started noticing little bugs crawling out of a fanny pack. After some investigation it turned out that they are biting bed bugs, the kind that come out at night and suck your blood! No kidding. So the hospital staff went into this huge frenzy to try to aggressively treat the problem and fix it before it got out of hand.

Anyways, so my hubby is gone back home for a day leaving me to fend for myself. I am clueless. He has been pushing me around in a wheelchair for a week and I have no idea still where anything is! I don't even know how to check messages on our phone. I am doing okay though. This is a good test to see where I am at in my recovery I guess.

No comments: