Monday, September 22, 2008

Ronald McDonald

We are staying at the Ronald McDonald house. It is kind of like a cross between a college dormitory and a house. It is such a blessing to be able to stay here. We are super super close to the hospital which is so nice in my condition recovering from surgery and all. Everything here is set up like a house with couches, a kitchen, computers, TV's, basically anything you need is probably here. We have a small room but it is sufficient and the bed is actually not too uncomfortable. I have always seen signs around about the Ronald McDonald house but you can't really appreciate it until you are here during a time like this and then you understand. There are so many families here in similar situations, all going through different yet similar situations, but many much, much worse than ours. I'm going to try to post some pictures later today if I can figure out how to get them off my camera.

2 comments:

Kate the Great said...

Oh guys,

I am sorry to hear about how things are going... I remember how scary and frustrating it is to see your new baby so fragile looking, and hooked up to all those machines.

What a blessing it is to have such good doctors; I hope they are able to help your little girl recover quickly so that you can be together soon.

We are thinking about/ praying for you.

The Carleskis

Diana said...

I just now read this...can't believe I've been so slow to realize all that's happened. Congratulations on the arrival of Grace Ann (that's my 6 month old niece's exact name--i LOVE it!). I'm so sorry to hear of the complications but I know she's in good hands. Doernbechers really has some of the best doctors around!

I'm actually a volunteer at the RMHouse and will be there on Wednesday night so if you're not at the hospital I would love to see you! I'm there from about 5.30 until the office closes. If you need anything please call me, I live less than 10 minutes from the hospital! 541.231.5295.

Your family and Grace are in my thoughts and prayers!

-Diana