Monday, September 29, 2008

BlogRoll 9/29/08

Just a quick thanks to all those who continue to send emails and post comments on our blog. We read them all and appreciate your thoughts and concerns for us so much. If you don't hear back it's only because there are so many, it is hard to know where to start in answering them, but know that we appreciate our friends, neighbors, family, ward family, and coworkers so much.

Right now, Mackenzie and Caleb are staying with Hubert's sister, Lana, and so we are grateful that they are being taken care. Of course we miss them so much and it is getting harder and harder to be here and away from them. I think after a week they are kind of getting a little homesick for us too. Last week, the Ronald McDonald House had a little pizza party and BINGO. Mommy was the very last person to get Bingo so all the good prizes were gone by then, which was fine with me because the other people playing looked like they needed them a lot worse than me, so by the time I got to pick a prize I chose a toy for the kids. So we have a "coming home" gift for them that I think they will like. I am getting excited to have our little family back together and be home again.

Yesterday Hubert & I went to church at Ben & Jillian's ward. We ran into an old friend too from the University Wards, Theresa Cox. That was nice. We felt like we needed to go to church but neither one of us had thought to bring church clothes so we just wore our old sloppy joe clothes and tennis shoes. We sat in the back pew and tried hard to look like we were "new" and a little clueless about skirts and white shirts and ties. People were very nice though and of course we didn't get any strange looks and we just explained that our little girl was in the NICU at OHSU.

No comments: