Friday, September 26, 2008

Update 9/26/08

Gracie is awake alot more now. She is even crying some too, but not a lot. This morning she was wide awake when I got there so I got to spend some awake time with her which is nice. Once I get her in my arms though she almost always falls asleep right away. Yesterday she had 2 poops, her first ones. I know that doesn't seem that exciting, but the doctors were pretty excited about it. Today they are increasing her milk. They took the comfort flow oxygen off, so she is not getting any oxygen supplementation. They still have the nasal cannula in her nose but they are weaning her off of that in the next day or so. They are trying to get her blood pressure medication just right. She may be on one or more of those as she goes home. The nurse said they were going to take the tube or IV or whatever it is out of her belly button today. This lets them get a constant reading on her blood pressure. With that gone, they said they will do a cuff measurement of her blood pressure every 2 hours to keep an eye on it. If that isn't sufficient, they will do a peripheral artery line.

Things are looking good. I will try and post some pictures later. Hubert had to run home to do a couple of things and he is going to bring our camera cord back so we can get our pictures off. In the meantime, the police man comes and gets me and takes me to the hospital so I can see little Gracie. It is pretty embarassing. I feel like the biggest goober ever but they don't seem to mind at all.

1 comment:

Sean and Melissa said...

So I guess I need to check our friends blogs more often. Oh my goodness! I'm glad things are progressing so well with you're sweet little one! Your family is in our prayers. Let us know if we can do anything, even from Provo.