to me. Those are words I used to say. You never really think much about cancer or Ronald McDonald or the strength required by those who face it, until you find yourself in that situation and then the world changes. Perspective shifts, and suddenly you are inspired and can relate and commiserate with those facing it. I find strength from a little girl about my Twinkle Toe's age who is facing cancer. Her name just happens to be Grace too. She is a special little girl. And sweet, sweet Lucy. She is just one of the cutest things ever and she is so lucky to have such an amazingly strong family. Today I ran into some of our friends here at the Ronald McDonald house who have been here for I don't how long. Maybe a year? Their son has a very rare brain tumor that doesn't carry a very positive prognosis and they have gotten some bad news today. His tumor is coming back. I ran into his Dad and was very heartbroken to hear that. On top of all that, Ronald McDonald is full so they can't get in. When I was at the Temple today, Brian's name was running through my head so I added him to the prayer roll. I am praying he gets a miracle too. I asked Brian's Mom how she did it, meaning how she handled everything so well. She told me that she didn't think about the future anymore. She just takes it one day at a time. I can totally relate to that. Being up here, going day to day, it's hard to think about the small details, the ins and outs, the plans. Life becomes very simple. And we take it one day at a time and it's impossible to make plans. So if I'm a little flaky, you know why! We'll know more on Friday and take things from there.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love what you wrote! I'm so touched by your strength and how you always sound so together and on top of everything despite the things you're experiencing! I am also impressed you made time to get to the temple. We haven't had that chance yet, but we need to. It is the only place I can imagine real peace right now. You're all in our prayers-including the families you've met along the way!
For me, it can be all too easy to take things in life for granted. I just want to let you know that you have really opened my eyes to so much, especially the little things in life. You have taught me so much through all of your strength, you are a true inspiration to me. Thank You, Jodie. My thoughts and prayers are still with you, Grace, and your family.
PS. I am so happy that your Mom gets to come and be with you! What a blessing.
Post a Comment