
So today I got up super early and actually went to the Temple. A friend of mine had suggested it to me awhile back and at the time, there was no way I could even get myself going in the morning much less make it to the Temple. But I have gotten myself to a better place now and so I decided since I was here, I better take advantage. It was a nice way to start the day and helped me remember the eternal perspective of things.
So this morning, quite early in fact, Grace had her 6th round of chemotherapy. I got to hold her the whole time and cuddle her. It only took about 15-30 minutes this time. She just gets the one round of vincristine and it's not so bad.
She gained 2 ounces yesterday. She weighs 10 lbs 2.3 oz.
So the plan for this week is that they want to re-image her on Friday, with another MRI and see where her tumor is. That's the so-called plan, but it's not for sure yet. The NICU docs need to pow-wow with the Hemoc docs, and nothing ever gets done fast around here. SO - Friday may or may not be a "big day for Gracie", as Albert likes to say. We'll see. So I am moving nowhere fast.
The good news is that my Mom is coming back! She's actually flying to Portland this Friday and she is going to stay through Christmas. Can you believe it? I can't. Actually, we have a complete stranger to thank for that. A lady we have never even met is flying my mom out here to be with us. Just another amazing blessing in this ordeal that we are so grateful for. So we are super excited to have her help and to steal her away for the holidays, which will be a bright spot for us all. So my angel friends will be off duty for awhile, although I may have to see if they will help me from time to time, just so we don't drive Nana completely insane. A month with my kids is likely to drive her over the edge, and we want her to want to come back and see us rather than running back to TN screaming.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Week 6 Chemotherapy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment