These are pictures taken of Grace right before her surgery. The first picture was taken right before they wheeled her away to the surgery room. It was her first ride around the hospital that she was awake for, so she was very curious about all the movement. They put her in this tiny little incubator that she barely fit into. All morning she was giving us the most pitiful looks like she couldn't believe we weren't feeding her! They had to stop her feeds at 2 a.m. before the surgery, but as long as she was in my arms with her pacifier she was okay to fall asleep. The scrapbooked picture is a tag that one her nurses made for us to remind us what she looked like before the surgery. We have to get her back to all smiles.
So I am home right now while she is still intubated and on the narcotics. She is still pretty much just out of it, but she is doing well. It is just a long recovery given the extensive surgery she had. I am hoping soon, in the next couple of days, they will start to wean her off the morphine and take her off the ventilator. So I will be heading back to Portland in a few days and hopefully, I won't be back home WITHOUT her. That's my plan.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Grace before Surgery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my word - she is just so precious. We will definitely get back to all grins and giggles!!
That is a GREAT plan! I'm sure you can't wait for her to get home!
This post just makes me want to cry. You are amazingly strong.
That top picture just kills me. Really, I'm not sure how you did it that day!
I'll tell you what though...you've got a great plan! Yes, it is time for that baby with big beautiful eyes, to head home!
Post a Comment