Tuesday, December 16, 2008

On Our Way......Home!


In about 4 hours, Gracie and I will be heading over the mountain and through the snow! After all this time wishing to be gone, surprisingly it is a little difficult to leave. We have made so many neat friends both at Ronald McDonald and at the hospital that saying goodbye today will be a little bittersweet. But we've already got followup appointments made so we can look forward to coming back and seeing our friends here. I keep having this vision in my head of all of us - me, the hubby, Twinkle Toes, and Sweet Boy just holding hands and skipping around Grace. Somehow, I think that she is going to be the center of our family for quite a while as she has been for the last few months. So here is a picture of my Santa Baby. I made this hat yesterday in honor of her going home. I never thought when I made that first pumpkin hat that I would be making a Christmas hat too! It's time to be home....See you soon.

PS....We made it! We're home.

11 comments:

Tiffiny said...

Congratulations! What a Christmas miracle. We are thrilled that Gracie and your family have made it through this. Enjoy your complete family at home!

alisha said...

Welcome home! What a wonderful Christmas gift. Please call before you need a break, we are still here. A.

The Bell Family said...

Hi Jodie, its Sian Bell from the Lakeview ward, Lana and Amy told me about your blog quite awhile ago. So glad to hear that she is FINALLY home. Everyone in the Lakeview ward has been praying for little Gracie and seems that many prayers have been answered, so glad to hear that she is doing well. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Kristi said...

YEAH!!! Now Christmas can be a wonderful time of year, as it should be. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you.
Kristi Durr

THE YOUNG-INS said...

Oh Happy day...I am sure everyone is elated to be together. Dawn Young

Peggy Glasmann said...

She's coming home this Christmas Day. Happy, happy, happy! This is the greatest gift for Christmas. We are celebrating with you!

Heather Messinger said...

I am so excited for you. Call if you need anything. Let me know when you are up for visitors, I want to see that little girl.

Diana said...

Woohoo!!! So sorry I wasn't able to see you before your departure but so glad that you're home! Best Christmas present ever huh?

Heather said...

Hey Jodie, I have been following along with your experience with little Gracie for quite some time now. I admit that I've wanted to comment along the way, but just didn't quite know what to say, until now... HOORAY! I'm so glad Gracie is home with you. Merry Christmas!

j and k said...

YEAH!!!!!! So happy for you guys! When you get a free moment, email me...I have a little package I'd like to mail off to you guys-I intended to get it to you at the hospital, but we were a day late on starting chemo. Have fun at HOME!

j and k said...

Just kidding-I remembered I have your address. Just enjoy your sweet family!