It just occurred to me as I looked at all the hits on our site that maybe I should blog and let everyone know how Gracie is doing post surgery. Well, she is doing very well. The surgeon was concerned that she might have some internal bleeding, but we passed the critical 12-hour period with no signs of bleeding and now we are up to 24 hours so it's looking really good. Gracie is really stable and NOW we have the OPPOSITE problem - her blood pressures are TOO LOW! Isn't that great news! Actually, it is. We were expecting that and things are fine. They put her on some dopamine to bring them up but I think by tonight they will probably take her off of that completely and then I just have this feeling that her blood pressures will be JUST PERFECT! If you can imagine this, the tumor was taking up about 2/3 of her abdomen. It was roughly 5 X 7 cm! So now she has this HUGE space there. Anyways, one worry was how the good kidney would respond post surgery, if it would be injured at all, but she has been producing urine all day and things are looking good there. She is in a lot of pain I can tell. Her scar runs across her whole abdomen so I imagine it is very painful. That is probably her biggest issue right now but they have her on 2 drips of narcotics, so hopefully that keeps most of the pain at bay. I am still waiting on the "official" surgery report to come through. I get copies of everything and read all the reports. The informal word I am hearing is that they got good margins, but I don't know for sure if that is true or not. If they did get great surgical margins, I guess there is the chance she might not have to undergo more chemotherapy, but I haven't really heard the official word on that either. Soon I will start working on getting the doctors on board with my plan.....the "I want my Gracie home plan." Soon, very soon. I will post pictures soon too, but I can't find my camera cord so I have to hunt that down.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm so happy to hear such great news! Thanks for updating us!
Oh good!! I've been checking often wondering how she's doing!! I hope you are holding up well too!
Mandy
Great news. Hopefully she will be home soon!
Jodie-
I have been following Grace's progress from the beginning, just not being able to come up with the words to say how much we are praying for her and thinking about her. I hope the good news keeps rolling in. And please know that I would love to help out in any way I can. I hope to see you guys home for good real soon.
Kristi Durr
Wonderful, wonderful news. Reed cried (as did I) after I read him your surgery post. Christmas miracles abound. I keep thinking of the TSO song about "She's Coming Home This Christmas Day". Although the story is about a wayward daughter finding her way home, it somehow fits here too. We love you tons!!
This is such a relief to hear! I have felt so worried for you and sweet Grace, and this news sincerely warms my heart! I can't wait for pictures!
Great news Jodie!!
I am glad that Gracie-girl is a fighter just like her ma-ma!! Speaking of ma-ma's, I met yours Tues. night. She is just to sweet. She just crafted like a pro out there. She also used her southern charm to get others to craft for her!! I think she had fun and it felt like we have known her forever. Give Grace a gentle kiss for me. You are in our prayers-- every prayer, every day.
Love you lots,
Christina
Post a Comment