Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Turning the Corner....

The surgeon came in today to check on Grace. He is a man of few words. When we had our second big MRI after her 6th round of chemo, I am told he looked at the scan and said, "Argh" and walked out of the room. It wasn't what he wanted to see. So today, he looks at Grace and says, "It looks like she has turned the corner" and that was it.

I got the go ahead today to start nursing her. I have been trying all day but she hasn't been interested. Every time I have tried to nurse her she just cries and pushes away. So I have been thinking it is going to be awhile before we can get her back to full feeds. Anyways, I hung around though on the unit until late tonight, it's 11:00. She finally just turned bright red, starting gagging, and hocked up the biggest ball of mucous. Then, she proceeded to nurse like a champ again. Thank goodness she hasn't forgotten!

5 comments:

Diana said...

Yeah for turning the corner! What incredible news Jodie!

Heather Messinger said...

That little girls is just a miracle. I am so glad to be reading all of the posts about the good news. Don't get me wrong I was definatley grateful to be the other posts, but it is about time you get to write about good news. Love you guys. Hope to see little Gracie soon.

Jocelyn said...

That is so wonderful! I can't believe you've been able to keep up with nursing all this time. You are so amazing!

Raina said...

Great news!!! I too am amazed that you have kept nursing, and even better that she remembered!!

Brian and Marnae Powell Family said...

Yeah! I am so glad that things are going so well. We had Kaleb over the other to play with Brandon and they had a lot of fun. Things are good here! Hope you can all be home together soon!!! Love, Marnae